Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Our Family Fall Nature Walk


Not too bad a picture for throwing them all under a tree.



Bryson was checking out the mushroom Daddy found. He tried to lick it like an ice cream cone. Thankfully this child has tamed down a bit, and didn't once run off towards the cliffs or hillside. This makes for a much more peaceful nature walk!


This completes our "year round" study of the environment at this particular nature trail. We started our observations last winter, and continued our research of wildlife and nature through all four seasons. Kind of a fun project to do.

Today's trip was to gather seeds & leaves, search for bugs, and to take note of which animals were still around.

It was a great outing, and the weather was beautiful. Days like these make me slow down my thoughts and be grateful for the more simple moments in life.

4 comments:

Marla Grace said...

Great pictures!Beautiful family.Thank you for your kind words the other day. Things are tough here. so sorry to hear about all you have been through. This seems much harder on my Husband. You are all in my prayers. Thanks for being a good friend!Blessings,Marla

LLJ said...

Look at all those beautiful leaves!!!!
I really like your idea of observing nature through the seasons. I haven't been as intentional, but I sure do love it when my family is together on a nature hike or down by the river. It is a good thing! : )
You have a beautiful family, Sherri!

Leanne

LLJ said...

I mean, Sheri!

(((sorry)))

Anonymous said...

This is Awesome!...talk about Super Homeschool Mom! I'll just call you Karen Andreola for now on :)

and...I'm trying to actually do this elementary Apologia Bird thing-y...I was hoping to do the Christmas Bird Watch...not the Backyard one...

Have you done these before? Help Super Homeschool Mom!