Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Mania

Good Morning! I love mornings. I love the silence of the house, the quiet of thoughts if just for a moment, God's gift of another day to appreciate. I love listening to the stirring of loved ones waking up, to see their rosy cheeks, sleepy eyes, the sleep lines that may frame a cheek.

Our weekend was relaxing. Fred's much younger sister, Jenna, spent the night with us Friday. For those who don't know her, she is our Nick's age (14). She is a quite lovely. Always polite, helpful, appreciative; and although she is very smart, she keeps it real w/ a dash of lighthearted giggles.


The rest of the weekend was full of simple activities: soccer at the field, light yard work on a sunny day, a few chores, board games, cookie baking, and such....

For today:

I plan to enjoy our school lessons w/ the boys, do more yard work, find some creative time w/ Andrew, cheer Bryson's newest triumphs on standing alone, and encourage Katie's attempt at cooking dinner tonight.

I see Andrew circling through our house on a toy car...varoom! I also am aware of the stacks of clean laundry baskets that we all need to put away, and am grateful that laundry is caught up.

I hear Andrews idle ramblings, which is rather intriging when I take the time to actually listen to him.

I smell french toast, maple syrup...mmmm!

I taste nothing at the moment... the boys are the ones eating breakfast, lol.

I feel motivated to get several things accomplished this week...I think I better create a to do list to stay focused and on task...

I pray that God will be kind to you, that His living hope will dwell in you, and that your day may be full of blessings from above, Amen.

No comments: