Monday, October 27, 2008

Ghost Hunter?

Andrew loves the dark! One of his favorite things to do is turn off light switches at inconvenient times. Last night was one of those times; I was upstairs, in my room, getting Bryson ready for bed...


The doors shut, lights go off, the pitter-patter of one small set of feet shifts across the room. One single tiny dim flashlight clicks on as the face before me glows, "sshhh, dere's a monster". Then the light fades to under the bed, with a whispered "monster??". Next is the closet search, a faint "sshhh" is heard amongst the dark air. Light tip-toes are heard as he inspects around the crib area, the walk-in closet, and the dreaded dark bathroom! Up pops his glowing face again, "mom!" he whispers, "where's da monster?" With as much seriousness that I could muster, "I don't know Andrew, how bout you check behind that door?" With anticipations he replies, "tay", and bravely heads for the main door with a final "shhh, dere's a mons..." ~~~"AAHHH! IT'S A DHOST!" and bolts to hide under my covers! What does he discover, but only a brother! Go figure!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

This is SUCH a cute story! I love it!

The Butterfly Catcher said...

I'm glad to know that my guys are not the only ones that get a kick out of scaring each other to death!! Unfortunately, they all know that Mommy is the easiest one to scare so I'm usually the one jumping out of my skin and screaming!:0) Thanks for dropping by my blog today!!