Wednesday, February 3, 2010


For those whom choose not to earn an income in order to be with your kids, what is your job title??

Housewife?
Stay-at-home-mom?
Domestic Engineer?
J.A.M. (just a mom)?
My job title? MOM
My employer? GOD
My job description? Teacher, mentor, nurse, limo driver, cheerleader, life coach, house keeper, cook, activities co-ordinator, party planner, nutritionist, accountant, driving instructor, fitness trainer, & missionary... (to name just a few).
My hours: on call...24/7
My salary? PRICELESS!

I love being a mom! It is an amazing gift to receive. It is joyful, and heart-warming, a simplistic beauty... (pictured above is my sons TJ & Joe)

Oh....I hear you...
I did not say it was easy! It is a tiresome job, full of mistakes, and challenges at every turn...
~My kids are spaced out very evenly, so I feel I have been changing diapers for over 21 years now.
~I have not, but on rare occasion, the priviledge of sleeping through the night.
~yes, those ear-piercing screams of a toddler hurt my ears also!
~I do have moments of feeling like I am drowning in housework.
~At times, there are poor choices & complacency to correct.

...but at the end of the day, when I pray over their sleeping faces, I am in awe of what has been entrusted to me!

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

3 comments:

Robin said...

That was such a wonderful post!! What a gift and blessing children are!

Heaven Scent Farms said...

Amen. Beautifully stated. It is the best job in the world. Love you guys!

Brenda said...

I agree.....I am a MOM. :)