Friday, June 25, 2010






...The Move




...The
Transition


The Keep On Keeping On...

It has been a year since we have moved from our small hometown in nowhere Oregon. I think I have been in denial about the move. Indeed hoping for temporary at best. God has moved us forward for a new season; He has His reasons.

I was actually excited about moving at first, until one realizes what is being left behind... security, community, familiarity, routines, and ofcourse, friends. Admittedly, the kids have adjusted better than I have.

Moving forward...

I adore being home with my kids.
I enjoy homeschooling.
I love family.

About me:

I am an happy-go-lucky-love-the-mornings-glass-half-full type of gal , and I am ready to get out and face the world. As a child I went to 18 schools before graduating; we moved houses more times than that. Making friends was easy, keeping them was not. I am a people person who never fit into any stereo type. Christ has always been my Savior, especially during many childhood traumas. Caring about others comes easy; letting others care about me is not so easy. I tend to over commit and try to over achieve; only in recent years have I learned to slow down and enjoy the small, simple moments that whisper by almost without notice.

My challenge:

~In a small community it is very easy to get connected to other folks. Your church, school (home & public), sports, outings & activities all tend to blend around the same people.

~Now that we are in the city, how does one approach creating a connection with other people? A place where neighbors don't take time to get to know you, where the church you choose to attend is many miles away, where schools are many, parks are a dime a dozen on any corner, homeschooling is not common, and having many children of a wide variety of ages makes you not fit into any social mold?

Live in a big city? A busy community? What do you do to get connected to others, or do you?

Blessings:

It has been wonderful to live with my parents. To share my children with my mom is beautiful. She was a very hard working single mom who did not have the opportunity to be home with me much when I was a little girl; she did not love me any less than I absolutely love my kids. In this new season, My Mom gets to enjoy alongside of me the journey of hands-on, Christ-led, guided nurturing that I find to be an amazing blessing! God is good, all of the time.


1 comment:

Laurel said...

We've been living in a year of transitions, as well. It's been a very lonely year for us, too.

Praying that the Lord leads both of our families to a community of like-minded friends, in this next year.

Laurel :)